Sunday, July 4, 2010

McKay's Blessing Day

McKay Nathan Robinson - he's official! We had a wonderful Sunday with family and friends. Several people came to be with us and it was fun to see them all. We invited everyone over after church to sit in the yard and eat some food and visit.

Brian and I had set McKay's blessing day as the day we wanted the yard done. Having a goal is a great idea - but we take things right up until the end. We were out working until midnight trying to get everything straightened up. (Yard post forthcoming.) Brian has been working so hard and it all turned out great.

Some family pictures from the day...
McKay and Dad. McKay cried during the entire blessing. That didn't stop Brian from giving a good one!
McKay and Mom. This is the same outfit Gavin wore when he was blessed.
Grandma & Grandpa Robinson. McKay was starting to lose his gusto here. A nap followed this picture.
Grandma & Grandpa Woolf. My parents flew up for the day from Arizona. It was fun to spend time with them and nice to have them here with us for McKay's day.
The food, flowers, and setup. My parents got this set up while we got ready for church and took pictures. I thought it looked really nice.
Our sweet little family. So glad to have McKay in it. I think we all look a little more official today. With Gavin we were a family. But somehow two kids means we have a FAMILY.

5 comments:

The*Evans*Family said...

Too bad we couldn't make it. Did McKay get to wear the same outfit as Gavin to be blessed in?

Jamie said...

Cute family picture and you look AWESOME!!! Congrats on McKay becoming "official".

Bart and Krista said...

What a great looking family! Natalie, you've got such a hot bod! Wish we were there! One year, baby!

AmyJane said...

Mmmm, you seriously have the squishiest, yummiest babies! I want to kiss their cheeks off, and I've never even seen them in person!
Very cute pictures--you do look great, BTW. Congrats on being a "real" family! I remember feeling the same way, like there were enough of us to be legitimate somehow. And with three, I really feel like there are A LOT of us when we go somewhere all together. In a good way of course, but you know what I mean.
Oh, hey, email me your address. I went ahead and made you a couple of flower clips. You can use them as a good omen for the future, or wear them yourself--I think they're cute enough for big people!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

The day was great...you guys did a great job. I was definitely equally impressed with your beautiful yard. It was obvious you guys had worked hard on it.