Saturday, October 29, 2011

The things they say

Gavin is killing me. I cannot believe (as usual) how much he understands, the things he picks up, and how he tries to make sense of his world.

Recently he asked me, "Mom, what is consequence?" Good grief. I say a word one time and then have to explain myself.

Yesterday I was putting McKay in his carseat and told Gavin to do the same. I asked him how he was doing and he said, "I've got it under control." Alrighty, then.

Last night I said, "Gavin, I have to tell you something. I love you very much." He said, "Mom, I have to tell you something. I love Arizona."

The real kicker was when I asked Gavin to put his toothbrush in the drawer and then shut the bathroom door. He said, "Mom, you kindof sound like Cinderella's mother." Guess I forgot to say please.

McKay says 'no' for everything. If it's clearly a yes, he still says no. Always. He calls all drinks juice, thanks to grandma. He's learning so many new words - I'm having a hard time keeping track anymore!

If I have to talk to a three-year-old and 18-month-old, they might as well be entertaining. That they are!

No comments: