Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Conference

Brian was lucky enough to be invited to sing in the October 2011 Priesthood session for General Conference. He practiced for weeks and weeks. There was a dress rehearsal the week before where the families were invited, since we wouldn't see him during the session. I sent McKay to Melinda's and took a cute three-year-old date. He was so excited. We drove up with Keri Haynie and her three boys. Gavin watched the boys in awe and laughed and laughed as we drove up. A sign of things to come with us and our boys, for sure. Keri says the gross potty talk grows exponentially with each boy. Awesome.

We sat really close to the choir, but I'm not sure Gavin could see Brian. His excitement faded after they practiced the first song. The two hours were long for him, but we had fun visiting and walking around the fountains outside to pass some of the time. It's always a good reminder to me that I need one-on-one time with all of my boys. I love family time, but there is just something about that undivided attention. I love that Gavin loves it and hope that he will for many years. I'm sure soon he'll think I'm a dork and wish I wouldn't act like I knew him at all...


No comments: