Monday, October 18, 2010

Why My Husband Rules

He took me dancing. Yes, dancing. Like the real Ballroom kind - think Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance.

I'll tell you what - it was exactly like the movie Shall We Dance with JLo, Richard Gere, and Susan Surandon. If you haven't seen it, then do. It is wonderful. I've been hinting to Brian that we should do something like that for years now. He's really good at taking my hints. Sometimes it takes awhile to pull through, but we always does. Big. Minus Brian coming up an escalator in a tuxedo, he pulled out all the stops.
This is Martin. Pronounced Mar-teen. He was hysterical. Can you tell? He made us get up for every dance and would come and help us with our moves. We weren't super great at the Cha-Cha, but I think we rocked the Argentine Tango and the Waltz. He told me to stop looking down, let Brian lead, and don't have floppy arms. We took an hour class on the Tango and then hung around for the free dance afterwards.
So all of these people are regulars. I counted about 25 people total. We were the only couple there. People come from everywhere to dance. Some come alone, some with a friend or date. Besides the carnival, you've never seen such a variety of people in your life. The guy in his button-up shirt, tie, and slacks dancing with a young 20-something shy wallflower type of girl. Girls dancing with girls laughing and having the time of their life. Men butting in with Brian to show him how to properly lead me. It was just normal. We were the newbies and were quickly welcomed into this family. Although we were only there for a few hours, everyone waved as we left.
This is pretty much what we looked like - me laughing and Brian trying so hard to be precise and lead me in the right direction. Interestingly enough, I was to blame for my feet getting stepped on. Even the teacher agreed with him!
In addition to the dancing, there was shopping, dinner at Biaggi's, more shopping, swimming, hot tubs, and a stay at the Little America.

The perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Lebanites said...

YEA! I loved that movie. Have you ever tried contra-dancing! Totally fun, quite hippie-ish. Probably more my speed--let structured. I loved our convo the other week. I love you.