Yesterday I had to laugh out loud at myself. I think that's probably an okay, healthy thing to do.
So I had a headache and Brian was staying home sick from church. I left for church about 10 minutes after it had started, thinking I'd be about 15 minutes late. I walked in and there were three other families in the foyer. I heard singing in the chapel and asked, "Is that the sacrament song?" They said it was and it was about over. So I quickly snuck into the back row and had a seat. I had been sitting for about 30 seconds when a lady went up and started praying. I was thinking, "Gosh, they are JUST getting to the opening prayer?" And I thought I was behind schedule! Anyway, she prays and then suddenly everyone stands up and starts gathering their things, moving out of the chapel. My neighbors were right in front of me and I said, "I think I'm having a pregnant moment here...but doesn't our church start at 10:30 or did they change it to 10:00?" They looked at me funny and reminded me that today was Daylight Savings. Oops. As my mom would say - "Cute but dumb!"
I still can't figure out this Utah time change thing. You'd think after ten years I'd have a clue. Sad to say, this isn't the first time I've done it. Only then I was an hour EARLY to everything and couldn't figure out where everyone was!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Natalie- How have you been?!
I'm so glad you found my blog (pathetic as my blog may be). I always think about you and wonder how you are doing. Congratulations! You're having a baby! Your blog is so cute and that is so funny about the time change yesterday! The good thing about AZ is no time changing. I'm going to catch up on all of your entries!
hahaha!
you aren't alone.
two of my other utah friends just typed similar posts yesterday!
"cute but dumb" made me laugh. i think i'm gonna start saying that.
i just emailed lyns to get your email {'cause i can't find it}...but if you want to just email me, then i can email you back about the babylicious info. does that make sense?
thanks!
angieinpink@gmail.com
Luckily, Tyler had a before church meeting or I probably would have done the same.
A comment on your last post, having stayed in the classroom after Con was born, I think you are being oh-so-wise. It was just not the same with my Kids when I had one waiting for me at home. Not bad, just different. And don't you wish you could see what he is doing as he is moving around?
You know you're from Arizona when...
I only did that once, under the evil influence of roommates from...wait for it...Arizona! Only we were an hour early for church in the Tanner building and it was still locked up tight when we got there, so no one really got to laugh at our "cute but dumb" moment!
I had to speak in church yesterday and when the counselor in the bishopric was closing the meeting a couple came in. When the Counselor said and our closing song will be... the look this couple gave each other was "what the freaking heck" it was pretty funny. I hate the whole time change thing, especially since we didn't grow up with it. I think more people weren't aware of it cause usually it happens in April.
I've lived in Utah my whole life and it still doesn't get any easier. Daylight savings time just sucks no matter how you look at it.
That's so funny. We didn't know it was daylight savings time, but we got lucky and figured it out in time. Our Sacrament speakers didn't, though and never showed up in time!
You could avoid experiences just like this if you'd only move back to AZ! I did that one year at BYU though. I think I walked halfway to campus in the freezing cold before I realized why no one else was out walking to church. "Cute but dumb." Matt tells me my license plate should say CBD. Apparently I have those moments all the time.
Greg and I did that a few years ago with being an hour early to church. We were so mad that we didn't take advantage of sleeping in an hour later. Oh, and random, but I want to come when the Manila ladies throw you a baby shower :)!
Ha ha! Yes, please let me know when you are in AZ because I would love to see you too, Nat. My email is melfoxy15@msn.com Thanks for saying hi! =)
Post a Comment