It still feels like a dream… Even though this London trip has been in the works for well over a year, of course the dates would conveniently fall four days after we moved into our new house.
But no worries. We made it work. Brian the champion of the world took days off work, a week off of therapy, and lots of nice people took the kids during the day one week so that I could have the adventure of a lifetime.
And what an adventure it was! The guest list: Mother, Becky, Susan, David, Jourdan, Amy, Brittney, Lynsey, Mark, Jenn, Sterling, and me.
Mark planned out our itinerary to the tee. I just followed. Made it easy and fun! Nothing beats a trip when you truly enjoy the company of the people you are with. Every day was packed. For ten days we woke up early, toured and saw and enjoyed all day and crashed every night. "This is not a vacation!" I kept telling Brian. "This is an adventure! A trip!" He was certain I was sitting by the pool relaxing. We were so tired. But it was all so worth it.
I will always be grateful to Mother for making trips like these with my sisters, aunts, and cousins happen over the years. New England - Seattle - New York - Washington DC - and now London. Some of my very happiest memories.
Monday, May 19, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment