McKay has been waiting for his birthday for 365 days. Seriously. On his last birthday it was about noon and he said, "For my next birthday can we…." Right when we were in the middle of living that one. So funny. He's into legos and Chima and so that's what we went with.
First he had lunch at Old McDonald's with Gavin and Owen. Sister Knapp and her boys decorated the front door for him and Grandma & Grandpa Woolf sent him a Power Rangers costume. Score! The bummer was later that day when he and Gavin and Jonah ALL got pink eye. I took them into the doctor about 3:00pm - right before his Chuck-E-Cheese party. So we had to cancel that. And his cake and ice cream. His birthday request was to have Kaylee and Sage come to CEC with him. Then for cake and ice cream he wanted Sister Hill, Sister Lee and her nine-year-old daughter Aubrey. Such a sweet boy. I was more sad than he was that we had to change things. He was more excited that he'd get another birthday in a few weeks.
So we improvised and did our cake and ice cream and had hot dogs at home. Right when we got back from our Hawaii trip we had our Chuck-E-Cheese party. The kids loved it. The ticket blaster was for sure a highlight. A fun few days to celebrate our sweet four-year-old.
Dear McKay,
Boy howdy are you a wild one! You bring so much life and energy into our home. Sometimes we're not sure what to do with it, but along with that comes a sweet and soft side. You are the first one to my bedside every single morning. Up and at 'em with a hug and ready for a treat. Not breakfast - a treat! You go go go all day long. You also can fall asleep in 60 seconds flat at night. I would too if I moved around like you do! You love to play with friends. You are getting really good at sharing and watch out for your little brother. You love Jonah and give him hugs all day. You still lick him sometimes - not sure what that's all about… You and Gavin are best buds and share a room. You have a pretty normal brother relationship - buds one second, fighting the next. You can keep up with him on your bike and your scooter now. That's been fun to watch you get good at both of those the past few months.
You love taking a bath and going to get a treat at the gas station. You love to watch Power Rangers and Paw Patrol. You recently learned how to work the Netflix remote and navigate it like a champ. You are being such a good helper and when I ask you to do something you usually do it pretty quick. The other day you grabbed a wipe and a chair and started wiping down the windows. You said, "Look mom, I'm doing service!"
I'm so glad to have you around. I am learning that you do things and need things different than your big brother did. You need things to be soft and calm. You don't respond to me freaking out or giving you sass very much. In fact, if I do that you give it right back to me - ten fold! But that's what it's all about. Learning what makes you tick and what is best for each child. What fun would it be to have two kids just the same? Thank you for teaching me and being patient as I keep learning.
We are so glad to have you around. Life wouldn't be nearly as fun without you!
Love,
Mom
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment