Sunday, February 17, 2013

Nesting

The camera is struggling lately - hence the lack of pictures.  But I still need to keep writing, just for my forgetful memory's sake.

Gavin and I started to get another little head cold this week (seriously?) but I think it's going to pass quickly.  We inherited a twin bed for McKay this week and he has been struggling.  Awake and crying every night for the past three or four wanting someone to lay with him.  It's weird since he was totally fine in the toddler bed for the past 8 months.  I think he feels high up and a little nervous.  Maybe it was that tumble out of bed the first night...  Time to find the guard rail for the side!  The little boy room is crowded with two twin beds, but it will work.  And we have a lot more space than a lot of people, so we are grateful for what we have.

This week I've been getting all things baby organized.  The office has been cleared out and all of the clothes washed, folded, and put away.  I figure now is the time if I'm a) in the mood and b) still small enough to get into the crawl space.  It got squishy down there at the end, so I'm thinking I timed it right.  I am grateful for good friends (Karen!) who came over and helped me move furniture and lift things.    Only eight weeks left until we have another little boy to love.  I am so excited to meet him.  Two months sounds so far away, so I say eight weeks to make it sound shorter.  It works for me.

No comments: