Last week Gavin, McKay and I headed out to AZ while Brian spent the week working at Clear Creek. Flying on the airplane was an adventure. Thank heavens for portable DVD players! I thought it was amusing when the flight attendant asked me to get Gavin in his seatbelt - like I wasn't trying! My one arm was no match for him and his stubborn persistence to do anything but what mom was asking. We managed to pull it off with a little bribery and talk of dragons flying next to the plane to distract him.
We had such a great time. Grandparents, cousins, aunts/uncles, brothers/sisters, pedicures, favorite AZ restaurants, swimming, and a little rest. It was a jam packed week just spending time with people and went by so fast. It made me a little tired being the single parent, but my family was so good to help out.
Gavin officially loves the water and anything to do with it. We went swimming at the pool twice. So fun! Gavin: "I swimming! I floating!" I'm excited to get him in the water more this summer. My cute brothers and sisters held him and let him have his moment in the water so I could feed McKay.
Slipping and sliding at G&Gs house
Cousin Carson. Gavin thought Carson was pretty cool. 
We made an alligator cupcake cake for Ellie, Gavin, and Dallin's birthdays. Ages 1, 2, and 3.
Cousin Ashley
Grandpa Woolf reading about the javelinas
Mother had a party for the girl cousins and aunts. She is the hostess with the mostest! It was so much fun to sit and visit. I love all of them. Even better was not having the kiddos and being able to actually sit and talk. Slowly everyone left but Mother, my sisters and I. We stayed until my eyes couldn't stay open any longer.
My cousin Holly. One of my very favorite people on this planet. Truly. If you are so lucky, she will be your nurse and take care of you. I can't imagine anyone better!
This is my first picture with McKay where I'm not wearing a t-shirt or throwup on me. Cute boy.
On our last day, Gavin followed the cousins around the yard. He has kept asking for his cousins, Grandma Woolf, and 'Zona since we got back. I think we'll head back down in September since, well, I can do that now.
3 comments:
Yay for you! I love little trips home, especially when there is help with the little ones. And I love that Gavin asks for everyone! Isn't that the litmus of a 2yo having a good time?
We are still missing you guys. For now we'll look forward to September.
OH. now that is just about the nicest thing anyone has ever said.
I L.o.V.E you! Really. I'm lucky to have you as a cousin. Now get back here and next time we can do a cabin trip.
Post a Comment