It's so sad how much I've depended on that little computer. It is back now and I'm typing on a fresh pad and mouse here. It's so clean and fresh and feels brand new. But my bookmarks on my internet are gone. My passwords aren't all automatic anymore. Gavin's face is no longer my screen saver - just some generic space scene. So impersonal. So silly how much I miss those little things.
The saddest part was that I lost Gavin's journal. I had done a write-up every month of his life (20 of them so far!) to put in his photo album. They're gone. Kaput. That's the only thing I cried about being gone. I cried really hard. Everything else is replaceable but that. Nothing can take away my memories of the past 20 months with him, I just won't be able to remember the details that I had written down. Like when exactly he got his first tooth and what words and songs he said first. I just can't remember! Lots of kids don't have their first 2 years documented to the tee...but I had done that for him, and it makes me sad. There's still a small, miniscule chance that Cliff down at technology can save it. I am praying for him to find that one thing. That's it. If you don't think it's silly, you can pray for Cliff, too. I think he needs all the help he can get.
13 comments:
poor-girl,that-is-something-I-would-cry-about-too!I-lost-Ava's-newborn-pictures-in-one-of-our-computers-and-never-got-them-back-the-first-two-weeks-of-her-life-gone.All-I-have-are-a-few-copies-in-a-book.
I'm sad for you! That and lost pictures would make me cry.
On a side note - I know someone who had what I thought was an ingenious idea. They started an e-mail account in their kids name and then sent them letters and reports each month. I thought it was an easy way to have a tracking system (both in sent and received). Granted I have yet to do this idea....
I'm sad for you! That and lost pictures would make me cry.
On a side note - I know someone who had what I thought was an ingenious idea. They started an e-mail account in their kids name and then sent them letters and reports each month. I thought it was an easy way to have a tracking system (both in sent and received). Granted I have yet to do this idea....
I'm sad for you! That and lost pictures would make me cry.
On a side note - I know someone who had what I thought was an ingenious idea. They started an e-mail account in their kids name and then sent them letters and reports each month. I thought it was an easy way to have a tracking system (both in sent and received). Granted I have yet to do this idea....
Oh, Nat! I feel for you! Troy just lost his laptop too. He fell down the front porch, landed on his back and cracked the screen. We initially thought it was just that...but the whole thing went kaput. I will definitely be praying that you can get Gavin's journal back!
ahhhh, I think about that sometimes...how my whole stinkin life is on our computer. Paul came up with a clever little idea. He bought an external hard drive that we back everything up on every once and a while so now we have two sources for all of our lifes stuff.
Prayers being said in Arizona. I know how distraught I'd be if I lost all that work too!
Good luck, Cliff.
Natalie, I am SO sorry about that missing information. That is such sad news. Hopefully, he'll be able to get it back! My friend recently lost about 6 months of her pictures of her little baby. She was sad too. I am so sorry!!!!
Sorry Natalie, Cliff saved my computer two years ago when it crashed. But mine crashed just 3 weeks ago again...I'm in the same boat as you...clean slate. I don't think cliff will save all my stuff this time...I was lucky before. I would have cried too about loosing Gavin's stories. Sorry!!!
so sad. i will pray. and hope you get it back.
Cliff rescued my laptop once upon a time. I vividly remember wanting to hug Cliff, and possibly kiss his cheek when he handing it back to me all better. Hopefully he can still work his magic!
Nat, I'll pray for him too! Hope you can get it back.
I am soo sorry. I hope that you will be able to get it back. I will pray for you!
Post a Comment