Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Sometimes I am just downright proud of myself.  There's something about making PIE that makes you feel like a great cook.  Mother (my grandma) taught me how to make crust and after years and years, I think I am finally getting it.  I admit I've said some bad words over this crust...not this week though!
This is my mom's filling recipe.  Hershey bars...marshmallows...and heavy whipping cream.  In other words, it's fat free.  
The final product!
We've had a restful weekend cleaning, decorating, shopping, and sitting.  It's been nice to have a moment.  
Gavin tried my pie on Thanksgiving and ended up with this double chin.  
Here we go December!

4 comments:

The*Evans*Family said...

Have you tried gluten free crust recipes yet? I'd love to eat pie but the crust is one of my favorite parts. I made yummy gingerbread cookies the other day. I'm waiting until you get here to bust out the gluten free pumpkin roll!!

Jamie said...

That pie looks AMAZING! But I am guessing it is not gluten-free. I hope you got to eat some after all the hard work.

Michelle said...

That pie looks YUMMY! I am impressed

Jessie Brown said...

Looks like you are feeding Gaving all that yummy pie. He is so dang cute.
I made the same pie for Thanksgiving too. Except I just use the gram cracker crust. YummO