I started nursing Gavin this summer not knowing how that would all pan out when I went back to work. My realistic goal for myself was to get to six months. I'm about six weeks short, but this week I finally had to give up entirely. It's been a month coming, but with work, a boy who eats a lot and wants it FASTER than I can get it to him, I just couldn't keep up. He has realized that bottles are much simpler - so I was easy to replace. I was sad at first - it was quite a pleasant experience for me and I'll miss that close time with him. However, this week I had a great time putting away all of my nursing stuff. I just feel like a regular girl now.

In other news, Gavin finally went to his four month appointment (just 20 days late...) He weighed in at 18 lbs. 5 ozs. and was 26 inches long. There are few people that walk by us without making a "big baby" comment. No offense taken here - we LOVE the chub! That puts him in the 90% for weight and 75% for height.
That's my boy...grow, baby, grow!
5 comments:
Chubby babies are the cutest! It's an added bonus they sleep well and eat well too! I think he is right on with what Carson was at that age. Can't wait to see you all at Christmas!!!
Natalie, I am glad you posted recently. It is so fun seeing Gavin. He SO looks like his parents...no doubt about it.
I miss you. P
Nat-
Love the haircut post! I've never faced that problem, my babies have no hair. Sorry about having to end the nursing. Looks like life is good for you guys, that makes me happy.
Whoa! He weighs more than Grace and she has some weeks on him. I am impressed!
Oh my, that Gav is a big boy! Reminds me of Patrick's rolls on his rolls...
Post a Comment