Friday, June 6, 2008

Blogging from the Hospital

Yep, that's right. Here I sit at the hospital just killing some time. We've been here for about four hours and they tell me I'll move along quickly. Here's hoping!

Brian was out of town all week and he kept checking in with me via phone calls. Last night at about 10 I felt like things were different and called him to come home. He got home at midnight, we went on a morning walk (after NO sleep - waking up every 8 or 9 minutes doesn't help) and then headed down here at 11:00 am, pretty much expecting to be sent home. They kept us after all, broke my water, gave me an epidural, and life is good. Brian's just hanging out watching Zoolander and I'm eating ice chips. Yum.

This is my official plug for epidurals. I don't have any intentions of being Wonder Woman. Those of you who do, well, you're crazy - but you are official Wonder Women in my book. Contractions without were not my favorite.

Next post...our baby boy!

10 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you!! I just can't wait to see you beautiful baby boy! Keep pushing and remember it is all worth it when that little baby is in your arms!

lrbodine said...

Yay! I'm glad you're in the hospital at least. I'm with you on the epidural. I didn't feel anything but pressure and that was so worth it to me! Good luck!!

Sudar Clan said...

Hi, it's Chrissy Sudar. I found your blog through Jeri's. I can't believe you are having your baby. How exciting. It gave me goosebumps and a flashback as I read your post. I had Calvin with an epidural and Lily without. Whatever works for you is great. Each experience is unique and wonderful. Here's to a happy healthy baby boy!

Bart and Krista said...

Nat-
I can't wait! This is very exciting!

mj said...

good luck! i hope it is quick for you...sending you warm happy birthing thoughts!

jeri said...

Oooh yay!!! I'm so excited for you! Hopefully by now you're snuggling that precious little boy.

AMS said...

how very, very, VERY exciting! the whole process is such an amazing experience! congratulations! and i definately agree about the epidural... what's the point of doing it without!? and 5-6 days early, lucky you! enjoy this special time!

Michelle said...

Epidurals are wonderful! Enough said! Can't wait to see your little guy!

Jamie said...

Holy Cow! You are Wonder Woman blogging from the hospital! I bet you have a beautiful baby boy by now. How exciting!

AmyJane said...

Amen. Hooray for epidurals.