Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pregnant News

Well, thanks for being happy everyone. We, obviously, are super excited. We just never knew how things would turn out with Brian taking all sorts of chemo for three years. But, as it turns out, everything is fine and worked out well.

Details:
Due: I am due June 12. One week after I get out of teaching school. May could be ugly, but at least I won't have to write sub plans.
Sickness: It's probably unfair to some of you, but I haven't been sick at all. I guess Brian was sick enough for the both of us?? I'm also pretty pathetic when I'm sick. I don't like to see me like that often.
Highlights: We've seen the baby once and heard the heartbeat two weeks ago. That was pretty cool. It still is a little strange to hear that sound out of MY stomach.
Emotionally: A wreck. I never knew I was capable of acting the way I do sometimes. I'm just glad Brian still talks to me. :)

Number of stupid pregnant comments I have heard: 2, so far. People, let's get this straight. It is NEVER okay to tell someone TO THEIR FACE that when they saw you last they thought you were filling out. Okay, you can think it, but that's just not right to say out loud. Ever. What in normal human behavior ever made people think that this was socially acceptable?

Anyway, we're all smiley and just keep hoping that the baby is healthy. A healthy whatever-it-is is our vote.

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Such GREAT news! We are really excited for you. People really should think before they speak. The good news though, your students will think you are SO skinny when they see you this summer and they comment on that. Somehow they never tell you how large you are getting. They just think it is funny when you walk by their desk and your "baby" knocks their papers off.

Everton Family said...

How wonderful! You will be an amazing mother!!! I'm so glad you found me. Its so fun to catch up and see what you've been doing! I have always enjoyed and loved our friendship. It'll be so fun to keep in touch now!!! Why have we let so many years go by??? I loved reading all your lists. It even brought back memories to me! You are darling!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad everything is going well. Can't wait to see pics of my little Nat all prego! Love you girl!

KatieJ said...

Congratulations Natalie! I am so behind on blogs so I'm a little late getting your news but this is so exciting! I am so happy and excited for you- and how great that you haven't been sick! You will be such a great mom!

AmyJane said...

I think your blog doesn't like me, maybe! I left a comment on this post a day or two ago and for some reason it isn't here. Anyway, I'm still just grinning for you every time I think about it. Congrats again and again.

Nicole said...

Yea! i'm so excited for you!!! i'm glad you weren't sick because i barely started to feel a little better at 17 weeks and i don't wish that upon ANYONE! i can't wait to find out what you are having. it is kinda wierd having something in your belly, but so cool at the same time. i'm super excited for you guys!!!!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

ha! I thought you looked small :) OK..I havent seen you in 10 years but Im sure your are cute :)
Congrats again, that is great news!

Ashby said...

You will be such a great mom! And yes, I am one of those people who is SO jealous you aren't sick. Enjoy it. That was definitely the worst part of pregnancy!

angiedunn said...

Yay!!! So happy & such great news! I'm so excited for you & your healthy whatever!

I got asked six, yes six, times if I was carrying twins when I was prego with Chloe. Awesome.

I'm glad you aren't sick. Still insanely jealous, but glad.

I emailed you about the baby kits!

Katie said...

Natalie-
I just found your blog. Congrats on being pregnant. That is so exciting! Are you guys still here in Utah?

Katie Thomas (Stephens)

Emily Malinka said...

congrats the two of you! That is so exciting, can't wait to hear more news from the newly prego couple!

Brianne Skidmore said...

I'm so happy for you both and you're right. The 'filling out' comment is just wrong, but thanks for letting the rest of us get a kick out of it.

Jamie said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for an official announcement on your blog! Hope you continue to feel well.

Erin said...

Congratulations Natalie! What awesome news. Your baby is going to be so cute and your students are going to think it's so fun. HOpefully no fifth graders will rub your belly like 1st graders do.